Thursday, June 25, 2015

From my Back Steps


 I love this gift of a beautiful, sweet geranium.
A gift that gives JOY to me each year.
Thank you, dear friend, for I know you will come a visit'n .
 Just this morning I sat on my back step sipping my morning tea.
From my back step the cooing of doves delighted me
and I ran to get my camera.
Oh those elusive doves knew better than to hang around.
No dove pictures were to be found.
But from my back step the twitter of birds still delighted me.
The scampering of the squirrels made me smile.
Ahhh, the pure silence of the morning filled my soul.
And of course my tea was inviting to my palate.

In my cup today was Golden Needles from Yunnan, China
and purchased from the Jasmine Pearl in Portland, OR.
 This year in our pots on the back step we tried to recreate a French Garden that we 
had so many years ago.  There is coleus, dusty miller, geranium, and small daisies.
I am really enjoying them.

And still roses in the garden.

Savor, delight, and enjoy the little things in your day!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Marilyn! I'm with you in the morning, love to sit where I can enjoy the sites and sounds of nature around me. It makes for a perfect start to the day.

Jeanie said...

My dear next door neighbor left me a whole flat of dusty miller (she overbought) and I already have coleus and geraniums so we're on the same wavelength! What a pretty setting for tea, contemplation, a good book or shutterbugging!

Laura Morrigan said...

Oh what a wonderful view!

Rosemary said...

The view of your garden thru your blog is such eye candy. Love the composition and the shades of pink and green in that first photo.