Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Portland's Japanese Gardens

 Having a membership to the Lan Su Chinese Gardens gave us
free passes for the month of January to Portland's Japanese Gardens.
 Sunday afternoon the sun was shining and a perfect addition to celebrating
a birthday in the family.
 We ventured out to the gardens and delighted in seeing
the koi in the pond.  The littlest of us was enchanted by them.

 The daphne was beginning to bloom and add color to this gorgeous garden.

There were little ones all about enjoying the out of doors
with all the splendor of the garden.

While friends in other parts of the world are under snow and freezing temperatures,
Portland has had a touch of spring.
One thing that has amazed me about Oregonians is that they know to immediately
step outside and enjoy a sunny day because tomorrow the rains will come again.
Who knows we may even be buried in snow in a few weeks.
Each day brings a surprise and we are always ready to celebrate it.

I think this is a good way to celebrate life,
be ready for the surprise and jump in with both feet.

2 comments:

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hi Marilyn
The beauty of the internet is stumbling along and finding things that the moment you get there you go awww and feel at home, I did that when I go to your blog... Don't even ask me how I got here, I am supposed to be visited my new friends on GYB 2015!
I love what you stand for, 'make hay whilst the sun shines' sums up you enjoying the Portland spring weather!!! Being British tea is important in our lives and I have had fun looking at all your tea cosies and the like on your marmalady etsy page. We're the sort of family who carry good marmalade around the world so I loved the title although I'm thinking it comes from Maam?
Sorry have rambled on far too much - just excited to be your latest follower:)
Wren x (Little Wandering Wren sect 29 in case you want a sneak peak back!)

Laura Morrigan said...

Oh how lovely!