Friday, March 19, 2010

Tibetan Tea Bowls


Some time back I shared the Tibetan tea bowl I had found.
Several of you mentioned an interest in them; so I thought I
would show you what is still available from Caravan Trading, a local importer.
They are charging $15. plus shipping.

These very beautiful tea bowls are nickel and brass on the inside.
The outside is wood.
The stones are turquoise, tigers eye, or lapis.
Each bowl is different.
There are three different stones on the ones with stones, plus there are two that are just plain.

If you are interested in any of the ones above, I tried to include a picture with a stone unique to it for identification.  Please contact me and I can give you the contact information for Caravan Trading.
The owners are good friends of mine; so I know they are reputable.
I may be slow at answering, as I will be out and about for the next few days.

We weren't sure how old they are, but they could be up to 50 years old or more.
If nothing else, just enjoy seeing several different Tibetan tea bowls.

12 comments:

Tracy said...

These are wonderful, Marilyn! I'm very interested in Tibetan culture, so this post fascinates! The ornate bowls are amazing... and the "plain jane" bowls are just a exquisite, I think... Thank you for another lovely tea time moment. :o) Happy weekend ((HUGS)) Oh, and yes, I will be saving my anniversary roses--will try to dry them, and just keep the bouquet as is to admire...

Jeanne said...

I love love love these
I love anything from Asia and the Orient
I love you
Thanks for your visits and kind words
Love you my friend
Jeanne♥

Steph said...

Wow - it's hard to believe these can be had for that price. Lovely!

La Tea Dah said...

They are amazing and beautiful!

LaTeaDah

parTea lady said...

Those Tibetan tea bowls are lovely. Thanks for showing them.

Patty said...

These are beautiful what a great find! I like how each bowl is unique, I'd love to get some.

CindyW said...

Those are really interesting. How big (or small) are they?

Sheila said...

These are beautiful.
I can think of several uses for them too, other than tea.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
xx

Gayle said...

Lovely. How do you use them? Do you pour the tea in like you would a tea pot? I hate to appear ignorant,but looks like I am!

somepinkflowers said...

ooohhhh....

i am over here swooning ♥

:-)

{{ why oh why
can't we have everything
we want? }}

SE'LAH... said...

these are beautiful. what a perfect blend of the Tibetan spirit and tea culture.

one love.

paris parfait said...

They are really beautiful and unique! xo